Thursday, November 16, 2017

English Grammar : If Conditional Type 2

Education English | English Grammar : If Conditional Type 2 | The pattern :
If + Past Tense (S + V-ed), S + would/could + V-base.
or
S + would/could + V-base + if + Past Tense (S +V-ed)
Examples:
1. If he came on time to the meeting, the manager wouldn't be really angry with him.
Fact : He doesn't come on time to the meeting. So, the manager is really angry with him.
2. Lisa would finish the assignment quickly it there were someone helping her.
Fact : Lisa doesn't finish the assignment quickly because there is not anyone helping her.
3. I would work at Mitra Company if it gave a satisfying salary.
Fact : I don't work at Mitra Company because it doesn't give me a satisfying salary.
4. If she were in New York, she would send me a postcard.
Fact : She isn't in New York, so she doesn't send me a postcard.
5. The students would fail the examination, if the didn't prepare themselves well.
Fact : The students don't fail the examination because they prepare themselves well.

Note : All forms to be take the form of were in the conditional.
example : I would paint my house if it were not raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment